Thursday, May 24, 2007

Last Day!

Today is essentially the last day of school for our kids. Tomorrow is a half day, but many of them will not be there since their report cards go home today and they are already counted present. I am a bundle of mixed emotions. I am sad, anxious, excited, sad, and so on. It is amazing how fast this school year has flown by and I am so proud of all that they have accomplished. Everybody has made improvement in some form and they are not the same as when they began the school year. I will miss those kids terribly, as well as my mentor. It has been an incredible journey and learning experience. There were times, though, where I never thought I'd see the end...and now here I stand. Ready.


My prayer is for my students. I hope they leave this year knowing that I love them and being encouraged to learn and love learning.

What a bitter sweet day this will be.

No comments: